Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos/graphics insert over text, will not float or move

I'm trying to compose a document in Pages '09. If I use the Insert>Choose command to add either a graphic or a photo, the item is inserted over existing text. Under WRAP, all options are greyed out (Inline, Floating, Background) and Object Causes Wrap moves the graphic out of sight. Is there a fix? Must the photo or graphic be a .tiff or .jpeg only? It seems to me that Pages did not used to be so strict and fixed - although sometimes I have had to go to Keynote to prepare something. I thought Pages was a page layout program!

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 10:00 PM

11 replies

Feb 13, 2014 10:33 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

Dragging an image from the media section produces this message, "The media file “pictures 41205 035.jpg” can’t be used because you don’t have access privileges, or because it has no content or is corrupt." where there is no corruption. I can drag these images into Keynote with no probelm. Furthermore, when I use the insert command it places the photo jumps onto the page, ver text, and cannot be moved. Thus my original question remains.

Feb 13, 2014 12:39 PM in response to Sugeet Posey

Screen shots can be taken by using Shift + Cmd + 4 and drag the new cross cursor over the part of the screen you want a image off. Then when you are replying a post click on the camera and find the image (usually on the desktop) and add it. to take a screen shot of the whole screen unse **** + cmd + 3.

Tell me, are you selecting the image or not?

photos/graphics insert over text, will not float or move

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.