Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stripes on sides when applying dodge and burn? (Sony A7R + Aperture 3.5.1 + OS 10.9.1)

Hello, I'm finding an odd behavior when I apply the dodge and burn filters to my RAW images (taken by a Sony A7R) in Aperture 3.5.1. Basically, the filters will successfully cover almost all of the image, except for the right and left edges, almost like the filter has been cropped. For example, if the image is a 3x2 aspect ratio, lets just say the filters are only applied to the center of the image, as if the aspect ratio were 1x1. It's subtle because the filters are quite faint, but it's clearly a problem when you look at the final image. Very odd, and even more odd because it only happens sometimes. For example, if I crop the original 36MP file, then the filters work properly. It seems that the issue only occurs when I try to apply the filter to the original 36MP sized image. Also, as a note, the issue occurs in the Aperture interface window (maybe you'd call that the preview window) and it's also visible on the final exported JPEG and TIFF files. Could be an Aperture issue I guess, or even an A7R or Mavericks specific thing? Thanks for your time!

Aperture 3, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 11, 2014 11:35 PM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2014 9:34 PM in response to gsbroz

Hi leonie,

The problem has been solved! I had VSCO Film presets, and I contacted them about the issue. They sent me a "high-res grain fix" plug-in, which has resolved the issue. Their fix somehow addressed the issue, so if the Aperture team is interested/encounters the issue again, VSCO knows what to do. I'm not sure what the technical solution was, but I'm happy now.

Thanks again for your attention!

stripes on sides when applying dodge and burn? (Sony A7R + Aperture 3.5.1 + OS 10.9.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.