Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Go Back To Garageband 6.0.5

I updated to Garageband 10 and, like many others, would like to go back to Garageband 6.0.5

I know about the 6.0.5 folder they put in when updating, but I have already mistakenly deleted that folder.

I have tried to use the official 6.0.5 updater, and have also reinstalled Garageband to see if I would get the 6.0.5 folder back.

Neither method worked.

Please help me 😟

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 2:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 2:42 AM

I think it depends on how you got Garageband 6.0.5.

If it came pre-installed with your Mac, and your Mac didn't come with any install disks, then I'm not sure you can get it back, unless you use some third-party file recovery app.

Garageband 6.0.5 shows up in my App Store Purchases as I had previously bought it from there when I was rocking with a Hackintosh (shhh!). When I took the plunge and bought my iMac it came with it installed, and when I updated to GB 10, it still showed up in my purchases, marked as 'Garageband 6.0.5', with the updated version showing as plain old Garageband.

Have you checked your App Store purchases? It *may* still be showing there!

If not, the only other solution is to get a pre-loved disk copy of iLife '11 (or a new one if you can find it!), or find a fellow Mac owner who can give you a copy of the folder you deleted.

Good luck!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2014 2:42 AM in response to brianslho

I think it depends on how you got Garageband 6.0.5.

If it came pre-installed with your Mac, and your Mac didn't come with any install disks, then I'm not sure you can get it back, unless you use some third-party file recovery app.

Garageband 6.0.5 shows up in my App Store Purchases as I had previously bought it from there when I was rocking with a Hackintosh (shhh!). When I took the plunge and bought my iMac it came with it installed, and when I updated to GB 10, it still showed up in my purchases, marked as 'Garageband 6.0.5', with the updated version showing as plain old Garageband.

Have you checked your App Store purchases? It *may* still be showing there!

If not, the only other solution is to get a pre-loved disk copy of iLife '11 (or a new one if you can find it!), or find a fellow Mac owner who can give you a copy of the folder you deleted.

Good luck!

Feb 12, 2014 3:49 AM in response to Cthulhuboy

Oh yeah. Time Machine. I forgot about that, because I don't use it - I manually back up my files only.

Then take care to back up the whole system - Applications, libraries, ..., not only your documents. The best manual backup is a bootable clone of the whole drive (Super Duper, Carbon Copy Cloner, etc.). Otherwise you cannot revert to a previous system or revert to a previous system state, if you encounter problems after an upgrade.

Do you have an older copy of your Applications folder? You really cannot rely on the Apple Store to keep copies of older versions of the programs. The Apple Store will usually only show your previous purchases from the last 1,5 years.

How Do I Go Back To Garageband 6.0.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.