Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Files Modified Date NOT adjusted according to Time Zone updates?

I've noticed this in my past two trips after importing photos and videos from my iPhone to Aperture & iMovie. At the destination the time zone is updated on the iPhone correctly. However, only the photos' time stamps are adjusted according to the time zone change but the video files' modified date are NOT adjusted (remain the same as the origin place). It is very obviously a bug and most likely a software issue on iOS!!

This is very annoying because when I view the photos and videos on Aperture, all the files are mixed up in different times and not shown in the correct order. I did you the "Adjust Date & Time" function but I know that this doesn't actually change the original modified date of the original version. It only adjusts the videos on the Aperture Library. So this is only a temporary solution until the bug is fixed!

Has this occured to anyone else? I demand that the Apple team fixes this issue in the next iOS update because it's extremely annoying as I take many videos and photos during trips using my iPhone!!

And advice? Thanks!

Summary: Time Zone change => Photo files time stamp change & Video files modified date unchanged

iPhone Model: iPhone 5S

iOS Version: 7.0.3 & 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 4:14 AM

5 replies

Video Files Modified Date NOT adjusted according to Time Zone updates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.