Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari pop-up EXCEPTION list

I bet I am not the only on who wants an "exception list" to allow pop-ups. The current solution is "all or nothing". I am aware this is for security reasons but some radio stations for instance when accessed via tunein (which is my preference) require to open in pop-ups.

Most other browsers have an "allow pop-up exceptio list" ...the current Safari (Maviericks on Feb 12, 2014) does not seem to have it, does it?

or is there a Mac App that does this?

Safari - Preferences - Security - Web content: enable JavaScript - Block Pop-up Windows (I have both unchecked, yet I have to uncheck 'bloc pop-up windows' every time I want to listen to specific radio stations via tunein*)

This is making me use Chrome or Firefox which allows exceptions ...seems like a simple/common feature to implement for Safari to keep as preferred browser.

Thanks in advance for detailed replies, since I'm relatively new to Apple.

* I prefer using TuneIn for radio access (than itunes or the old radio app on Apple TV) since I can classify radio stations in folders and log in to my TuneIn account in TuneIn apps for iOS, Vizio, Roku, etc. Soap box: the old radio app in itunes (not i-tunes radio) needs major revamping to allow mgmt, reason why may people prefer TuneIn and the reason for this question on allowing pop-up exceptions.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 6:06 AM

2 replies

safari pop-up EXCEPTION list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.