Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airport time capsule wireless question

to use as the hard disk.

wireless photos, movies, large files to be transferred.

Does using the internet quota will make this transfer or transmission is doing this through its own network?

Example : Apple airport time capsule wireless transfer movie (1080p 4GB 4GB movie file)

from a transmission my quota of internet traffic going to go?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iphone 5

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 6:43 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2014 2:47 PM in response to time capsule question

Local LAN transfer will not be using your quota.

I cannot understand your example.. sorry.

Example : Apple airport time capsule wireless transfer movie (1080p 4GB 4GB movie file)

from a transmission my quota of internet traffic going to go?

Maybe some punctuation would help. Please read your sentence out loud to someone who has no idea what you are talking about.. ask them if it makes sense.

If the movie has been copied to the hard disk of the TC.. and you are playing it on your computer.. then no internet allowance is used. You are using wifi not wireless.

Although we are not consistent.. when you are trying to sort out what is happening.. turn off 3G on your phone. ie wireless transfer.. and use wifi only when in your house.. then you can be sure no wireless is used.

airport time capsule wireless question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.