Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are individual app files? (for 60 supervised iPads)

I manage two ipad carts (using Configurator) for a total of 60 devices in a large K-5 school. Both carts are shared by many different classes, students, and teachers (the teachers check out the carts to work with students). Our county (which is primarily PC 😟 ) blocks most avenues for cloud sharing of files to make this process easier. I am left with the option to have students send their work to iTunes in programs such as iMovie, GarageBand, Kidspiriation, etc.

This works fine, but takes me FOREVER to go in individually and retrieve the files. If you have ever tried this then you know you have to click each ipad individually in iTunes, then click the "App" option, scroll down to the app, click the indivdual app, click the individual files and "Save to" to get it to save. Rinse and repeat to get a copy of all the files back onto the ipads for students to work on them later.

My question(s) are:

1) Is there a location on my computer that iTunes is saving these files? If I could just open up this central location instead of going through each ipad in iTunes indivdually that would be great!

2) Does configurator have a way of working with these documents? We do not currently use the "Assign" function as in one day a particular ipad cart may be used by three different classrooms.

Thank you in advance for your help!

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 10:51 AM

There are no replies.

Where are individual app files? (for 60 supervised iPads)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.