Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 3rd Gen won't work with iHM60

I bought an iHome portable, extendable speaker yesterday (iHM60). Fully charged, I plugged it in my iPod 3rd generation, and it wouldn't play the music. I then fiddled with the cord, and at a certain angle it started to play, but had to be held at that precise angle. I then tested it with my iPhone 4s, and it worked perfectly fine. I also tried some random MP3 player my mom has, and it worked fine as well. Does anyone know why this iHome device will work on these 2 other devices, but not my iPod? Headphones work in both ears when I plug it in my iPod, but just not this iHome speaker.

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 11:24 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2014 1:39 PM in response to DeviLe15

Hello DeviLe15,

It sounds like you are unable to get the iPod to connect correctly to your peripheral. I suggest the troubleshooting in the following article named to help troubleshoot the iPod:

Troubleshooting iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch accessories

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2634

1. Compatibility

The first step in troubleshooting any accessory is to determine whether the accessory is compatible with the device. If the accessory is available on the Apple Online Store, see if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch model is listed.

2. Latest Software Version

Installing the latest version of iOS may resolve the issue. Learn how to find out which version of software is installed on your iPhone and update if necessary.

Note: If the device does not update successfully, the issue may be with device and not with the accessory. See one of the following articles, depending on your device:

3. Disconnect and Restart

Disconnect the accessory and turn it off, if possible. Restart iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad by turning it off and then back on. When the Home screen reappears, reconnect the accessory.

6. Restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restore iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to its factory default state. You should rarely need to use this step with an accessory issue. If the issue only affects a third-party accessory, contact the manufacturer before restoring the device.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

iPod Nano 3rd Gen won't work with iHM60

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.