Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've entered my Apple ID incorrectly when setting up my iPhone 4S. How can I change it to the correct ID so I can sync it with my main computer and iTunes?

When setting up my iPhone 4S my Apple ID got entered incorrectly. When I opened iTunes to sync my iPhone with it iTunes wouldn't recognize what I thought my apple ID was. How can I switch the Apple ID that my iPhone is currently using to the correct one so that I can log into iTunes and sync my device?

Also, when getting to the Support Community, Apple wanted me to log in. Since my ID was incorrect I wasn't able to verify my email address since it doesn't exist. I changed my Apple ID yet again in order to log in and verify my email address.

TL;DR I now have a different Apple ID for iTunes, my iPhone and Apple support communities. How do I get them all the same?

iPhone 4s (8GB), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 12:02 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2014 12:15 PM in response to godjohnson03

You can't merge IDs, but if you want to change the ID:

1. For iMessage, go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive, tap the ID sign out, sign back in using the new ID.
  2. For FaceTime, do the same thing in Settings>FaceTime.
  3. For Purchasing, do this in Settings>iTunes & App Store.
  4. For iCloud, start by saving your photo stream photos to your camera roll by opening your My Photo Stream album, tap Select, tap all the photos you want to save, tap the share icon (box with upward pointing arrow), then tap Save to Camera Roll. Then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account and provide the password and choose Keep on My iPhone when prompted, then sign back in with your new ID and choose Merge to upload your data.

I've entered my Apple ID incorrectly when setting up my iPhone 4S. How can I change it to the correct ID so I can sync it with my main computer and iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.