Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When connecting my iPhone 4S to my laptop via a cable, my phone is charging but my itunes is saying nothing has been connected and therefore i cannot sync anything onto my phone

I have an iPhone 4S and recently when i have been trying to sync my phone and laptop it is not working. I connect my phone and laptop via USB cable and then my phone begins to charge. It asks is i trust this laptop and i agree to trust it. Then i go on to my itunes hopeing to sync my music to my phone, but it says there is nothing connected. Usually a tab would come up saying 'Hayleys's iPhone' but now there is nothing there and i am not sure why. Please help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 11:56 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2014 8:33 AM in response to hayley777

Hello Hayley77,

It sounds like you are not seeing your iPhone in iTunes when you have it connected to your computer, but your phone recognizes the computer because you get the prompt to trust the computer. I recommend the steps from the article named:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1538

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

When connecting my iPhone 4S to my laptop via a cable, my phone is charging but my itunes is saying nothing has been connected and therefore i cannot sync anything onto my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.