Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Pillarbox 9x16 iPhone video in compressor

I have several hundred iPhone 4 9x16 (not 16x9) videos from a friend that wants the videos on a standard SD DVD. When I use iDVD, the conversion is automatic, and pillarbars are added. Unfortunately, iDVD occationally craps out on "Muliplexer Error: There was an error during formatting.", so after 9 hrs or rendering I have to start over.

Is there a way to add pillarboxs to the video in Compressor 2? I have access to Compressor 3 and 4, but I would prefer Compressor 2 instructions as my main workstation is a G5 Quad. Using compressor I could do the project in DVDSP 4.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, for ANY version of compressor.

Quad G5 2.5 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 1.5 TB HDD, Mac OS X (10.5.8), iLife '09, iWork '09, Final Cut Studio2, DROBO 6TB

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 5:59 PM

It can be done in Compressor, but it might be a bit easier in FCP. Just drop your 9X16 into an SD timeline (either 4:3 or 16:9).

Otherwise, choose your frame size and use padding left and right.

Good luck.

Russ

2 replies

Feb 13, 2014 12:37 AM in response to Russ H

I started by using the standard DV NTSC 4:3 settings. It took a bit to get my head around it, but I finally figured out that the Frame Size is the dementions of the Original video. Once I got that straight, I started experementing with the pad, and using side-by-side comparison via QuickTime, Padding of 80 Left and Right seems to work the best.

Thank you for your time.

How to Pillarbox 9x16 iPhone video in compressor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.