Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement PSU for G4 MDD

Does anyone know a good supplier for replacement parts other than the ones on eBay? I am in need of a replacement PSU for my G4 (MDD) from 2003 (AcBel API 1PC36, 360W max.), but I don't see too many replacement part suppliers for older Apple products when I google. If there's a reputable suppliers that are recommended, please provide the information.

Thank you.

PowerMac G4, Mac OS X (10.2.x)

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 1:19 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2014 4:34 PM in response to BDAqua

Yes, I've seen it on someone's post about this, but I do not want to use the adopter for this as this unit is used as the company file server. Price of the PSU being a few hundred dollars is not the biggest issue, but I wanted to buy it from like an online parts warehouse types of retailer. GoMacPro from San Jose, CA has it, but I've read some bad reviews about the company, so I was not sure if I should buy from them.

For the time being, I have transferred the HDD to the other G4 (exact same model) and running it that way for now, but this G4 is absolutely good unit that it never failed for the past 11 years (considering the unit running as a server for 24hrs/365days for 11 years is pretty darn good) until just a few days ago when the PSU went down, so I want to revive it and make a use of it as a back up, which I wouldn't consider if the motherboard or HDD went bad. It's hard to give up something very good like this one. Just thinking everything is kind of disposable nowadays, computers made over 10 years ago were more expensive but made solid. I would want to use it as long as the spare parts are available.

Replacement PSU for G4 MDD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.