Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store will not upgrade my iWork programs that I purchased on DVD (iWork retail V9.0.3) can't open new iWork files and polluting old files so they won't open.

Since I installed Mavericks, App Store shows all upgrades installed. However, old documents when first opened ask to be upgraded [click upgrade] then can't be reopened. Same for Keynotes, numbers, and pages. Uninstalled and reinstalled iWork from DVD. No upgrades avaialble in App store. Big "?" instead of Pages icon in dock and Keynotes and Numbers won't open at all saying the OS doesn't support. What can I do?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8), Final Cut Studio 2

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 3:08 PM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2014 3:22 PM in response to Kappy

All in all this is not very helpful. App store shows "installed" and does not allow repurchase. Do I have to uninstall first? What is the cost before I wipe everything out? Is this new viersion of iWork backwards compatible? Why doesn't the App store indicate that a new version must be purchased? And, finally, Mavericks does not come with iWork, it must be purchased separately, correct?

App Store will not upgrade my iWork programs that I purchased on DVD (iWork retail V9.0.3) can't open new iWork files and polluting old files so they won't open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.