Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 4 with latest ios. I use message and imessge. For some if my contacts they're fine and all the messages go in together but some contacts are split with email addresses and then phone number. How do I change this so it will all go into one

My iMessages and messages for some contacts are showing up in messages as too separate things... How do I change it so all iMessages and messages go into one contact's message folder?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 3:21 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2014 3:44 PM in response to Jennyquinn100

Text messages - SMS/MMS are exchanged via a cell phone carrier's cellular network only so text messages can be sent to a cell phone number only.

When activating iMessage on an iPhone, the person's cell phone number and their Apple ID email address is registered with iMessage so in iMessage can be sent to the person's cell phone number or to the email address that is also registered with iMessage.

When addressing a text message especially an iMessage, you need to make sure you're selecting the contact's cell phone number and not their registered email address with iMessage.

I have an iPhone 4 with latest ios. I use message and imessge. For some if my contacts they're fine and all the messages go in together but some contacts are split with email addresses and then phone number. How do I change this so it will all go into one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.