Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app not being nice....

Ok, in the last 2 weeks, I've had two issues with my iPhone's music app.

I used it to go to sleep by, and two nights in a row, the music died in the middle of the night taking all the sound with it. My alarms didn't go off, no sound from ringtones when I go into settings, nothing *yes the switch on the sided wasn't on silent*. A reboot fixes it. I've tried two different alarm clock apps, and I've gone to sleep playing music with the songza app, but everything's fine in the morning...it only happens with the music app that is with the iphone...I'd delete it and reinstall, but that's not an option since it's Apple's app. I've just been using songza instead, but I'd kinda like to use my music again.

Another issue I had. I had made a playlist on my phone, I put it on my computer, and used iTunes to edit it. I tried it both through basic iTunes, and then through iTunes in the iPhone dock tab that says something like "On this phone". Both times I tried to resync the altered playlist, to add music, the playlist was not all there....it wasn't even a 10th of the music I had put in the original playlist. It was pretty much a hot mess on my phone, but it looked fine on my computer. So by this point I'm confused. I deleted the playlist from my phone, and rebuilt it in the computer and next time I synced my phone....it deleted the playlist from my computer,

What the heck is going on?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 3:49 PM

There are no replies.

Music app not being nice....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.