Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad won't boot up, shows itunes icon and picture of plug

Please help. ALl of a sudden my ipad2, which I turn it on - starts with the white apple and then switches to an iTUnes icon and a picbure of a white Apple charger plug (old iPhones/iIPad versi9on) I can't get past it into the ipad itself. what do I do?

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2014 10:36 PM

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTune (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTune and plug (very important)

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTune has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTune.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note: Data will be lost

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2014 10:36 PM in response to CynthiaKS

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTune (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTune and plug (very important)

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTune has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTune.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note: Data will be lost

Feb 12, 2014 10:37 PM in response to CynthiaKS

See Here > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1808

You may need to try this More than Once... Be sure to Follow ALL the Steps...

Take your time... Pay particular attention to Steps 3 and 4.

Some users have reported as many as 8 or 9 attempts were necessary before success.

After you have Recovered your Device...

Re-Sync your Content or Restore from the most recent Backup...

Restore from Backup > http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1766

My ipad won't boot up, shows itunes icon and picture of plug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.