Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Corrosion in mac book pro Retina display (late 2013)?!

Hi All,

currently i am having Mac Book Pro Retina Display (Late 2013) and on the palm rest area, i found out some corrosion (white spot).

I found that its really annoying since i only bought this around November 2013 and now already have a corrosion, if the spot is only 1 or 2, it will be fine, if you see below there are at least 10 dots.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

I am pretty ****** off when i went to apple online service and the apple authorized service provider since they said they cannot do anything about it.

if i have used the MBP for 3-4 years and got this issue, i still can accept that, for this case, 3 months and already have a corrosion? I dont expect apple to have such low standard, since the laptop itself already expensive.

I am really expect APPLE can do something about this!!!!

if there anyone can help to let me know how to get rid this corrosion, i would be very happy. i have tried magic sponge, water, tissue, not helpful at all.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 6:39 AM

6 replies

Mar 30, 2014 11:01 PM in response to LowLuster

I too think it is related to body chemistry reacting with the metal or some other environmental condition. Sometimes I have fairly sewaty hands and I have corrosion on the edge of my top case. I don't really care about it. Its a tool and tools wear.

I was told by an engineer that it is referred to as "rusty hands". I'm not sure if its high alkaline or acid, but the engineer told me I had rusty hands after I had been using a drill press for a couple of days. There was rust all over the chuck, and other parts of the drill where I had touched it.

Corrosion in mac book pro Retina display (late 2013)?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.