Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have 32 bit and cannot use Turbotax how to update to 64 bit? Thank you

How do I update my MacBook Pro from 32 bits to 64 bits? And what are bits? Thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 7:58 AM

3 replies

Feb 13, 2014 9:06 AM in response to leroydouglas

Thank you for replying and trying to help me. I really am at this point in my life computer illiterate. I push buttons. My Macbook Pro 15 has Processor: 2GHz Intel Core. I am assuming that if I find "In Terminal" I will be able to change to 64 bits by copy and paste. In the information about the computer I read, "Queue Depth 32" is this bits? Will changing to 64 bits effect y documents and programs on the computer or would it be better to leave it as is? Can one go back and forth from 32 to 64? You can see my level of knowledge is probably less than a child who has been taught what all this means. I think it might be time for me to go back to school and get the mind updated. I'm 75 and really do like to learn. Thank you again for all the help you can give me. BY the way, my husband was Dick Tracy; I'm Mary.

Have 32 bit and cannot use Turbotax how to update to 64 bit? Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.