Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 won't find forgotten device when it IS in pairing mode

I bought a second bluetooth car kit that plays music and takes phone calls through the stereo since my husband loves his so much. It's super awesome but I told my iPhone to forget the device on accident and EVEN WITH THE DEVICE IN PAIRING MODE, my iPhone cannot find it again. The wheel just keeps spinning. I restarted my phone and unplugged the device and plugged it back in but it still won't find it. Again, I DID put the device BACK into pairing mode and it STILL will not find it. HELP! How do I get my iPhone to find a device again after you tell it to forget it? The device is a Kinivo BTC450.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 9:41 AM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2014 10:10 AM in response to Akasha33

I had this problem also and I had to find the user manual for my Bluetooth device online to find out how to manually place my device in pairing mode (because it wasn't doing it automatically). Once I manually put it in pairing mode and had my iPhone's Bluetooth setting on and searching for devices, my phone did find my Bluetooth device again and I was able to re-pair them. This also fixed the issue I was having with the Bluetooth device not allowing me to control the music functions on my phone (volume, play/pause, etc.), which is why I had my iPhone forget my Bluetooth device to begin with.

My iPhone 5 won't find forgotten device when it IS in pairing mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.