Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Directory down

Recently I had a problem with the server but I was unable to discover it`s origin.

Server suddently stop recognizing OD users and list of users in Server app was blank. Only user presented was local admin.

I was unable to locate any problem i can point on in logs.

Problem was solved by restarting server.

But this problem occured on different machines with a little bit different setup, always the same problem.

Can you help me discover where could be the problem?

One user was able to autenticate and 4 minutes later (no log entrybetween) another user was denied with:

11.02.14 7:40:17,185 update-fts-index.pl[99831]: /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/doveadm: doveadm(xxx-username): Error: userdb lookup(xxx-username): Connecting timed out

Problem occured on 10.9.1 and also on 10.9 earlier.

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 10:30 AM

There are no replies.

Open Directory down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.