Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried trashing keychain

I tried to rest my keychain password, which I never set one up to begin with and I tried trashing the file. Well that didn't work, when I restated my computer it shows the screen with the apple logo and the update bar. When it reaches the end my computer turns off and when I try to turn it back on I have to follow the same processes. Help please

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 10:25 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2014 7:10 AM in response to 23tonyt

You did 'set up' a keychain as soon as you used a password with any of your service accounts - iCloud, E-Mail etc. This is done for you transparently and is part of what the OS does. The problem you're describing is more than likely co-incidental and nothing to do with the deletion of your keychain. It sounds more like a hard drive error or, less likely, a recent update - possibly firmware - did not 'take' properly. Make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store or Authorised Apple Repair Centre and get it looked at.

I tried trashing keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.