1835 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 1:46 PM by braden85
Here is an article that will help you troubleshoot this issue with your ability to receive SMS messages:
To resolve issues with sending and receiving SMS, follow these steps first
- Go to Settings and turn airplane mode off.
- Verify that you have a cellular network signal in the status bar at the top left of your iPhone. Learn more about troubleshooting no service if there's no signal.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
- Reseat your SIM card.
If you are still unable to send or receive SMS, follow these steps
- Make sure that the contact who's trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
- Make sure that you are using the area code with the contact's phone number. When sending messages internationally, you also need to use the contact's international code.
- If using a "Pay as you go" SMS plan, it needs to have enough available balance. Contact your carrier if you're unsure of your SMS plan or the available balance.
- If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
- If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and re-create the contact from the Contacts application. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.
- Back up and restore your iPhone as new.
- If your carrier has recently ported your phone number, the porting process may not be complete. Contact your carrier to confirm that the porting process is complete.
- Contact your carrier to confirm that you are provisioned for sending SMS and are in an area with cellular coverage.
- Contact your carrier to verify there are no blocks or filters placed on your wireless account preventing you from sending SMS.
Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!