Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Every time I try to print a document, Pages goes unresponsive.

I'm using the latest version of Pages (5.1) on a white MacBook, (unsure of it's official name) with a wireless printer. Every time I try to print a document, (I've tried with multiple) Pages goes unresponsive and refuses to print. I've been able to print my documents from other computers and phone, so it's nothing on the printer's end.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 11:18 AM

TG,

When this happens, go to the Dock and click on the Printer icon. In the window that pops up, look for an error message. It may tell you what the problem is. With my printer it may be as simple as a low ink warning.

Jerry

19 replies

Feb 28, 2014 12:04 PM in response to TwitterGirl

I have this same issue. Everytime I try to print from Pages, no matter what document, cloud stored, or local, it crashes. I can export ot PDF and print it via Preview just fine. The issue is definitely pages.

I opened up console to see what it was saying when I tried to print, and this is what it says (so many messages per second that it give the error about only logging 500 of the same message per second, I only put 2 of them here so you can see what it says)

2/27/14 5:43:55.000 PMkernel[0]Sandbox: Pages(23374) deny network-inbound *:64024
2/27/14 5:43:55.000 PMkernel[0]Sandbox: Pages(23374) deny network-inbound *:64024

any clue what that means? Anyoen from Apple able to help? I've trying googling it, but nothing seems to come up...

Mar 2, 2014 8:58 AM in response to TwitterGirl

"We would like to know if you would be able to provide the following:

- OSX and Pages versions; Mac and printer model

- is iCloud file sync On for Pages

- a copy of a document that makes Pages unresponsive when printed

suggest logging in as guest or a new account and printing the document."

Logging in as a different user didn't work. I'm using OSX Mavericks 10.9.2, with Pages 5.1. The printer isn't actually mine, so I'm unsure of what model it is. Sorry! As for a copy of a document, it's any document I try to print, not just specific ones.

Every time I try to print a document, Pages goes unresponsive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.