Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s recovery loop error 29

after my iphone started to reboot every 2 minutes randomly, i decides to restore and update it.

i downloaded the 7.0.4 ipsw through itunes and hit the update button..

when i was mid updating i got error 29:

http://gyazo.com/aedc3b2cdef4354f235ddb3e2b7a024a.png <screenshot

i rebooted it to retry, and it got in recovery mode so i restored and updated the phone.

now it keeps giving error 29, and is in a recovery loop

i read something about a battery change, i still have original battery do i have to replace it??

any help will be appreciated!

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 10:53 AM

10 replies

Feb 13, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Master0wn3r

Error 29 might also be about security software:

Check for hardware issues

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm yoursecurity software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the alert when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Common errors: 1, 10-47, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1000-1020.

copied from Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

Feb 13, 2014 12:30 PM in response to Master0wn3r

You should get the battery checked by Apple and if the battery is dying, they will replace it for you.

What is iPhone Battery Replacement Service?

If your iPhone requires service due to the battery's diminished ability to hold an electrical charge and it is not covered under Apple's warranty, an AppleCare product, or statutory consumer rights, Apple will service your iPhone for a service fee. Please see these simple pointers to maximize youriPhone battery life and lifespan.

Note: Your iPhone is not eligible for Battery Replacement Service if the product has been damaged, for example, as result of an accident, liquid contact, disassembly, unauthorized service or unauthorized modifications, or if the product is not operating correctly as a result of a component failure. Please review Apple's Repair Terms and Conditions for further details.

How much does iPhone Battery Replacement Service cost?

Service arranged through Apple costs $79. A $6.95 shipping fee will be added if this service requires shipping. All fees are in U.S. dollars and are subject to local tax.

iPhone 4s recovery loop error 29

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.