Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound cuts out exactly 5 mins after lecture recording starts (Tegrity)

I am using software called Tegrity to record lectures. The recordings come out fine when I use the built-in microphone on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.8.5). This doesn't work in a lecture hall. When I use a bluetooth headset instead (TrueBlue TB-91EX), everything looks fine while I record. When I save and upload the file, however, the recordings stop playing sound after exactly 5 minutes. The 5 minute part is what strikes me as odd. A Tegrity rep had never heard of this issue.

Whether I am using the built-in microphone or not, the Tegrity recorder shows that the sound is being received (the sound indicator goes up and down with volume). If the bluetooth were disconnecting, I would know immediately; the sound would stop oscillating and a warning would come up (and Tegrity also would tell me when the headset runs out of batteries). The sound is definitely getting to the computer; for the first 5 minutes, everything is fine; after exactly 5 minutes, however, something is happening.

Is there some kind of bluetooth setting that would cause this to happen exactly 5 minutes after hitting the record button on Tegrity? Any insight into what could be going on here?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 11:39 AM

There are no replies.

Sound cuts out exactly 5 mins after lecture recording starts (Tegrity)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.