Previous 1 2 Next 26 Replies Latest reply: Feb 19, 2014 5:31 AM by turbostar
whitakermuller Level 1 (0 points)

I installed Windows 8 on my macbook air off a Windows 8 DVD. It worked just fine until I hit the product key page. At the product key page, neither my trackpad nor my keyboard works which means I am unable to insert my product key in or press "skip" for that matter. I restarted and tried again a number of times to no avail. Anybody know a fix?

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • BobTheFisherman Level 6 (13,564 points)

Did you download and install the Windows Support software in accordance with the Boot Camp instructions?

• turbostar Level 4 (2,920 points)

Do you have anything else connected to the machine, and are you using a DVD or a USB3 thumb drive? Latter has reported issues when running boot camp.    

• tug! Level 3 (685 points)

at this point you will need a wired usb mouse or keyboard. if using a wired mouse simply use the onscreen keyboard.

• Đặng Xuân Cường Level 1 (0 points)

because the keyboard and trackpad are not recognized when installing, macbook frommid-2013 Haswell chip using the keyboard and trackpad connected to the motherboardsuch as the ISO protocol windown USB3 but not integrated. I tried adding it to iso win 7,you can download and install as nornal link:

• whitakermuller Level 1 (0 points)

Yea so i have the latest windows support software for win 8, the one that just came out like 3 days ago. i just cant get into the OS to install it because i cant get past the product key page. also, im not using bootcamp because when i try to, it says that my win 8 DVD is not 64 bit and will therefore not work. so i just booted from the disk and installed it independantly. but yea, i have all the lastest support software, i installed the 64 bit version of win 8 pro, and nothing seems to work.

i am using a DVD and i do have an external SONY hd that is usb 3, but it is only for my support software, not for the actual OS software which is on the DVD.

so i tried using my wired logitec usb mouse but it hasnt worked yet. this on screen keyboard however seems interesting. how would i go about doing that? it all seems impossible because i have yet to actually get into the OS to use my comp. the product page is like that final part of installing the OS where you get to "personalize" your screen and such. there are limited options here.

the onscreen keybourd is found by clicking on the "wheelchair" shaped icon to the lower left part of the personalize screen.

please try this. go back into osx, connect your wired usb mouse, if it doesnt work for you there try another usb port.

reason for this is when i connected my wired mouse at the cus. screen it didnt work, but after connecting in osx all was fine. however, strangly it would only work when plugged into the inner most usb port. i have an imac.

then go back into windows with the wired mouse still connected.

ok so my wired logitec mouse is now connected in OSX here and its working fine. im about to restart and try to see if itll work on that page. ill let you know how it goes in a few, thanks.

hey tug, so i tried it and the mouse lazer would flash at the rEFI screen where i choose where i want to boot and stuff. it would flash and work until the product key page loaded, and then, lights off. nothing. the mouse didnt work at all and neither did the keyboard. i guess the motherboard or whatever shuts this function off when in windows for some reason?

try clicking a few times, this also happened to me but after clicking all of a sudden it sprang into life!

just a thought though, it is an old fashioned wired mouse, i mean with a wire as opposed to a wireless usb mouse?

okok, ill try again. and old fashioned? hmm.. no its not. its just a super simple logitec lazer USB mouse. i know people have had some luck with PS/2 mouses or legacy mouses or whatever, but i just know how that is even a remote possiblity on something like a macbook air. but ill try again and repost conclusions.

thanks again tug.

mate, there lies the problem, only an old wired mouse will work. reason for this, the wireless drivers are not yet installed in your windows side.

these will be installed within windows once setup has completed.

but my mouse isnt wireless. its wired. its just wired and USB. heres a link to it here.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optical-Wired-Mouse-910-001601/dp/B003B4BBFK/ref= sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392544329&sr=8-1&keywords=logitec+m100r

i think what i might need to do is go into the BIOS somehow and enable legacy mode for usb devices? i just have absolutley no idea how to do that. would you think this might work?

Previous 1 2 Next