Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth keyboard compatible with Powermac G4?

Can I use a Bluetooth Keyboard (model iWantit IKBBTWH13) with a Powermac G4. If not, any suggestions, apart from throwing away the Mac? Thanks.

PowerMac

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 1:55 PM

7 replies

Feb 15, 2014 12:34 PM in response to MichelPM

Bluetooth was a factory option on the firewire 800 MDD G4s. But as far as I know all the existing trackpads were only capable of point and click so that's all the OS supports even if you upgraded to 10.5 which was the newest PPCs could run. If someone wrote a driver then that'd change. Was hoping that'd happen when the magic trackpad first came out. Since it didn't I guess it never will.

Feb 15, 2014 1:16 PM in response to WayneStewart

Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad

Apple's built-in Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad drivers use undocumented private APIs to forward multitouch gestures to the OS. I've been talking to Apple for a long time about this, but it looks like multitouch event generation is not going to be available to 3rd parties anytime soon. Since multitouch gestures are more important than any other additional setting, the USB Overdrive is now leaving the Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad alone and no longer tries to handle them in any way.

http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/Devices.html

Bluetooth keyboard compatible with Powermac G4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.