Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 keeps turning off! I tried turning it on and it did; after a few minutes it turned off again! I think it's not under warranty anymore. What should I do? I dont wanna buy a new one because its too expensive! Help please!

I cant use it anymore! Sometimes it turns on, sometimes not! It's really frustrating.

Can any of you guys help? I'M DESPERATE!!! 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 1:17 PM

Try a restore as new, not from a backup. If the phone does not fix after that, it means it is probably a hardware error. You could replace the device with an out of warranty replacment. The cost for the iPhone 5 is $269US, a lot less than a brand new phone.

5 replies

Feb 13, 2014 5:19 PM in response to mschlle

Authorized Apple Service Providers work differently than Apple does in the US. All I can actually attest to is how it is done here. Apple does not repair phones, they replace them. However, warranty and post-warranty services are only handled in the country of purchase. Apple's warranty is not international. If you purchased it in another country, that is where you would need to go. However, you can choose to involve a 3rd party repair, but that will void any post-warranty service from Apple.

My iPhone 5 keeps turning off! I tried turning it on and it did; after a few minutes it turned off again! I think it's not under warranty anymore. What should I do? I dont wanna buy a new one because its too expensive! Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.