Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Delay over HDMI rougted through Xbox One (no delay using Windows)

I have my Mac Mini (late 2012, OS X 10.8.5) connected via HDMI to my Xbox One, which is connected to my tv via HDMI. I have been experience a very annoying lag, especially noticeable when using my trackpad. There is a noticeable delay between my trackpad input and the movement of the cursor on my tv. At first, I thought this was due to the signal being routed through the Xbox, considering the fact that I never experienced any delay prior to routing through the Xbox One. I just assumed the Xbox was causing the slight delay. However, I have a Windows partition which I hardly ever use. Today, I booted into Windows for the first time since I've been routing through the Xbox. To my surprise, there was no delay whatsoever. My cursor moved perfectly in time with my trackpad input. Now that I've booted back into OS X, I'm experiencing the delay again. The Xbox does seem to be introducing the problem, as the delay is gone when I connect my Mac Mini directly to my tv, bypassing the Xbox. Why would there be a delay introduced to OS X when there is absolutely no delay on Windows 7? Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there some sort of preference that I can change in OS X to reduce this delay? I know the Xbox is introducing the problem, but it doesn't really seem to be the cause, and I can't help but think that it can be fixed since the Xbox isn't causing the problem with Windows running on the same computer.

I know that I could just bypass the Xbox, but I don't want to do that. I'm aware that this would fix the probem, but it would be very inconvenient. Also, that doesn't really solve the problem, it just ignores it. Whatever the cause of the delay, it appears to be unique to OS X, not caused solely by the Xbox.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 7:44 PM

There are no replies.

OS X Delay over HDMI rougted through Xbox One (no delay using Windows)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.