Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Username and Password Prompt Box

I'm having this issue when I go to update something. For this particular one, I was updating Adobe Aftereffects (it has done it with other programs as too such as unlocking to change settings and flash). Can anyone tell me what is going on? I'm running a virus scan right now but I'm not sure why I would have a virus...I don't do anything suspicious, I run weekly quick scans and keep things pretty organized and clean on my iMac.

Let me know your thoughts on this issue. I'm thinking maybe a font issue?User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 8:21 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2014 6:22 PM in response to cadams452

Back up all data.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

From the application's menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Boot in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Boot again as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled, or if a firmware password is set, or if the boot volume is a Fusion Drive or a software RAID, you can’t boot in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

Username and Password Prompt Box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.