Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad camera connector kit error

Hey everyone. I've got an RF presentation remote connected to my camera connection kit via USB. The device works flawlessly but after the iPad sits idle for about a minute I get an error message IOUSBDevice: The connected device is not supported. Is there any way to prevent this error message from popping up? Like I said the device works great. I just don't want the message to pop up. Thanks for any help.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 10:33 PM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2014 4:34 AM in response to jonnymorrow

Probably not. It's not supported and is likely just a fluke that it works. That camera connection kit is just meant for cameras so anything else that works in there is a bonus.

Is your connector a 30 pin or lightning connector? If lightning, iOS7 brought with it software that looks for signed chips in devices plugged into the device. All lightning cables have chips in them and if a manufacturer has paid for permission to make a cable, their chip broadcasts a recognized signal. If the company hasn't gotten permission then thier chip isn't signed and that message is one that pops up. Devices usually still work, there is just that message. (this whole signed chip thing stems from people using knock off chargers that malfunction and in at least one case, killed a person)

iPad camera connector kit error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.