Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which of These microSDs, SD Cards and Pen Drives Can Boot Windows Off a Late-2009 iMac?

Hi. There's a method I've tried that boots Windows off a USB HP pen drive using an actual PC but I've never gotten it to boot off an iMac (late 2009). I was thinking the problem could be the pen drive/SD card/microSD card because I've seen people boot their pen drives with Windows to Go off a Mac.

From your experience, which of these SD cards, microSDs (will just find an adapter for it) or Pen Drived from this store (it's near our place) will have greater chances of booting Windows to Go off this iMac (some don't have models names just the brand). I wish I could buy from other stores but I have a kind of credit thing from them when I exchange products to a lesser value; their policy doesn't issue cash refunds:

Sandisk Pen Drive

32gb (models: Blade, Switch, Facet, Edge)

Kingston Pen Drive

1) microSD 32GB

2) class 10 32GB

Sandisk SDHC & microsSD

1) 32GB

2) ultra 32GB

Would Windows to Go on an SD cards and microCards have more chances of being booted off this iMac

Have a great upcoming sunday mass/great week. God bless,

The pricelist of the store is posted here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv03800wnsn77y4/2-14-14-new-long_srp%20price.pdf

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), iMac Late 2009

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 10:54 PM

1 reply

Which of These microSDs, SD Cards and Pen Drives Can Boot Windows Off a Late-2009 iMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.