Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maveriks on VMWare Fusion 5

I have a VMWare Fusion 5 virtual machine (running Win XP Pro) on a Snow Leopard MacPro.

Can I install another Virtual Machine in order to install an run Mavericks on my MacPro?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6), Widows XP SP3 on VMWare Fusion

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 6:33 AM

1 reply

Feb 14, 2014 7:11 AM in response to pideja

Upgrade to Fusion 6, though I did hear back from someone that VMware updated 5.x to add support later (customer feedback, cost of upgrade is close to full price).

Clone Host Machine & Run as Virtual Machine for Testing

January 22, 2014 | Permalink

Problem - Various software changes have caused me major headaches, to the point that even as fine art printer – I can’t print at all. All of my presets have also been lost. To prevent this, I need to be able test software changes before applying them to my production machine. I also don’t want to duplicate hardware or make the job too labour intensive.

Approach Using VM Fusion 6 and Mavericks

I would say no. that you should install Mavericks natively and then clone it to a VM.

Also, Apple support for virtualizing OS X requiring Mountain Lion and up.

Maveriks on VMWare Fusion 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.