Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office Online media

I'm trying to preview sounds from MS's OfficeOnline clip art & media page and it's giving me the "Playlist format not recognized". I've tried using Windows Media Player and now Flip4Mac plugin for Quicktime on Safari, Firefox, and IE with no luck.

I get this problem with 10.3.9 and 10.4.X

I can't find anything on this anywhere but I don't think it's just my computers. Has anyone else run into this problem and possibly have a fix for it?

Thanks

Apple eMacs running 10.3.9. and iBook running 10.4.7, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Aug 7, 2006 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2006 7:04 AM

Yep. Same "Playlist" issue here, too.
The page obviously was written for Internet Explorer and PC's not Mac's.
Workaround:
Check the box for the sound and click the download link. Agree to the terms of use and the file will be downloaded to your default location.
This .cil file should open using the Microsoft Clip Gallery. Change the "Show:" to All Sounds and tick the "Preview" option to hear them.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2006 7:04 AM in response to Jason Bennett

Yep. Same "Playlist" issue here, too.
The page obviously was written for Internet Explorer and PC's not Mac's.
Workaround:
Check the box for the sound and click the download link. Agree to the terms of use and the file will be downloaded to your default location.
This .cil file should open using the Microsoft Clip Gallery. Change the "Show:" to All Sounds and tick the "Preview" option to hear them.

Microsoft Office Online media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.