Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicklook shortcuts for multi page files

is there a keyboard shortcut or trackpad gesture to scroll through pages on a multi-page file in quicklook? for example, if i quick look a 10 page pdf, how do i scroll through pages without having to click on each page?

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 6:18 AM

8 replies

Feb 14, 2014 7:52 AM in response to léonie

don't think i explained correctly. i know about scrolling on the side, but i want to scroll the pages in the main window. for example, i quick look a 5 page pdf, page one is the main view and the strip on the side has thumbnails of all five pages. i'm hoping there's a gesture or shortcut to bring up page two in main window without having to scroll to page two thumbnail and clicking on it. so, my ideal situation is hit spacebar [or three finger tap], i see page one, then "mysterious key" + down arrow [or whatever], and page two is the main view. the problem is, when i have files with a lot of pages and i'm looking for one in particular it's a pain to click through each page. might as well open the file and use pg down key...

Aug 27, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Dignon

Well, I'll "take over" the problem then! 🙂

For me, this does not solve the issue. I upgraded from SL to Mavericks yesterday. There is a problem --for me-- with multiple page pdf files in the Mavericks quicklook: thumbnails. In Snow Leopard, I could quickly scroll through a 500 pages pdf document to locate the pages I wanted to see, skim the document, and so on --two-finger scrolling would just do that.

However, in Mavericks, quick, continuous scrolling works only on the "thumbnail images," and not on the main, large pages of a pdf file in Quicklook.

If you need to skim many pdf documents, this becomes quite an issue. I wish there was a way (terminal command?) to disable thumbnails of pdf's in quicklook to quickly scroll over the pages in the main view.

quicklook shortcuts for multi page files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.