Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete an empty Mail Archive?

Since moving to OS X Mavericks I have been saddled with two Archive folders in Mail that totally screw up my mail settings. Soime new mail messages do not go to the correct folders based on the rules set, but appear in the Archive folders in stead. Utterly irritating as I miss email that way and I'm forced to plough through loads os spam.

I have emptied the folders and tried to delete thems but I get an error message saying that an internal folder can not be deleted.User uploaded file

How do I get rid of this nightmare and how can I prevent Apple from screwing up my email again?

Please help.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 7:22 AM

5 replies

Jul 21, 2015 3:49 PM in response to Eric Root

Eric, your answer has absolutly nothing to do with the question becasue the same thing is happening to me after upgrading to Yosemite this weekend. I don't want the archive folder, its putting stuff in there I don't want in there and I want to be able to get rid of it also.

It never did it before the upgrade, so how on earth is going to our ISP going to change what this version of mail is doing?????

Jul 22, 2015 12:00 PM in response to Eric Root

I am using my host, and google apps, though again, i did not have any archive folder showing in mail when running Snow Leopard. Only when I went to Yosmeite did the archive folder show up.

I also am really tired of how flakey Yosemite is.

I constantly am getting warnings how the outbound server can't connect, my streaming in Safari stinks, and overall, have to quit programs and restart more often.

Poop

How do I delete an empty Mail Archive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.