Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add Xbox Controller Driver on Windows 7 Bootcamp?

Hello,

I was wondering how to install the Xbox Driver on my bootcamp. I've tried downloading the driver, but it doesnt show up in device manager. Wondering if there was a different way to install it with boot camp, or if I'm missing something.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 8:35 AM

8 replies

Feb 14, 2014 8:43 AM in response to BlastedCannon

Note that Device Manager in Windows only shows up internal and external hardware connected to your Mac, so if your Xbox controller is not connected, you cannot do anything there. Do this, find the controller in Device Manager (you will see the controller with an interrogation mark) and install the driver.

Also, where did you get the drivers? Are you following the steps written in a website?

Feb 14, 2014 8:54 AM in response to mende1

Here's what i have going in the device manager: http://puu.sh/6VV0Z.png

The drivers come from here: https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

I've tested the controller out on other computers, they work there, so it isn't broken.

I've also tried some of the common troubleshootings i've seen, such as unplugging all usb ports when installing drivers.

Thanks Again

Feb 14, 2014 8:56 AM in response to BlastedCannon

In the screenshot you attached, I can see an option called "MadCatz Controller" under "Other devices", which looks like your Xbox controller. Double-click the option and you should see an option to update the driver. Press it, point it to the folder where you have got the drivers and let Windows install this driver.

Finally, you will be able to use the Xbox controller.

How to add Xbox Controller Driver on Windows 7 Bootcamp?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.