Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hotmail and Mail Synchronisation: Deleted Emails

Hi Everyone, I purchased my first MacBook in September 2008, which is essentially the same as the MacBook Pro and I purchased it within the time it was called MacBook only! In September 2013, where I was operating my old MacBook on the newest system available, it crashed and wouldn't restart anymore - turns out the memory is broken and needs to be replaced (error noise and grey screen, when starting the MacBook). However, now I urgently need some Email and Photo data from that MacBook and therefore did an imaging of the harddrive in order to copy all the data and am now experiencing the following problems:

1. Hotmail Mails - After Synchronisation with the Mail application, all emails deleted themselves on the Microsoft servers online and therefore could not be synchronised from the hotmail servers themselves and is solely stored on my old MacBook. When I tried to open and find the data on the copied files on my new MacBook via a harddrive, I could not access the mail folder because it simply was inexisting within the Mail application itself - please can you help me find a way to restore those old Mail items?

2. iPhoto - I secured my iPhoto library with Macfort and can't remember what my Macfort password was

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 9:10 AM

There are no replies.

Hotmail and Mail Synchronisation: Deleted Emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.