Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

At times, when I view my slide show in Keynote, instead of progressing through the slides as I've set them up, a previous slide will appear and as I click other out-of-order slides will appear.

At times, when I view my slide show in Keynote (version 6.1), instead of progressing through the slides as I've set them up, a previous slide will appear and as I click, other out-of-order slides will appear. In other words, it jumps to previous slides and to seemingly random text fields on slides. This doesn't happen all the time, but I don't want to be in front of an audience and have this occur.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

- Russ

OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 11:55 AM

3 replies

Feb 14, 2014 12:31 PM in response to Russfrombg

Its worth trying this repair for Keynote, its solved many issues with version 6.1

perform all these tasks in the order below:

1 delete Keynote, right click Keynote in the applications folder and select Move to Trash

2 restart the Mac; Apple menu > restart

3 immediately after the start chime, press the shift key until you see the Apple logo.

let it fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

4 Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility; click on the boot drive > First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

5 when complete, restart the Mac normally

6 install Keynote from the Mac app store

Please report back as this might help others if it works for you.

At times, when I view my slide show in Keynote, instead of progressing through the slides as I've set them up, a previous slide will appear and as I click other out-of-order slides will appear.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.