Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad takes forever to reboot

My ipad has begun to intermittently reboot itself. It's running the latest IOS and has about 450MB free out of 64G. Anytime that I reset it after one of these events, it takes up to 5 minutes to 'reset.' I'll sit and stare at the Apple wondering if it's ever going to come back. A normal reset that I initiate is usually accomplished in about a minute. I'd like some input on what might be happening. My supposition is that IOS is trying to rebuild/rescue itself and the amount of memory available is causing this process to drag on forever. I haven't spent any time researching how IOS is working from a developers perspective so that's a WA

My next step will be to reset it to a factory install without all of the current apps on it to see if the problem continues to exhibit the same behavior.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 12:27 PM

jrperser wrote:

My ipad has begun to intermittently reboot itself. It's running the latest IOS and has about 450MB free out of 64G.

That is not enough Free Space for your Device to perform as expected.

You need to Delete Content from your iDevice...

Goto... Settings > General > Usage > Storage = Then Delete Content...

See Here > http://osxdaily.com/2013/07/24/remove-data-storage-iphone-ipad/

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2014 12:27 PM in response to jrperser

jrperser wrote:

My ipad has begun to intermittently reboot itself. It's running the latest IOS and has about 450MB free out of 64G.

That is not enough Free Space for your Device to perform as expected.

You need to Delete Content from your iDevice...

Goto... Settings > General > Usage > Storage = Then Delete Content...

See Here > http://osxdaily.com/2013/07/24/remove-data-storage-iphone-ipad/

iPad takes forever to reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.