Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After restoring my iPod Nano it won't reset.

Recently I had some trouble with my iPod Nano (4th Generation) where whenever I plugged it in iTunes would freeze and my computer would be unable to access the iPod or unplug it. This occurred after updating iTunes and then restarting my computer while the iPod was still plugged in, for whatever reason my computer would not log out with the iPod still plugged in so I had to remove it physically. When I tried plugging it back in the computer would not restart until I had removed it again. After all this whenever I tried plugging it in iTunes would freeze and stop responding and I Windows would not let me access it. After reading some articles, reinstalling iTunes and rebuilding my library I eventually managed to get the iPod connected by putting it in disk mode and then connecting it to my computer. With that done I then proceeded to try restoring the iPod. This appeared to work but I think I removed prematurely when it appeared that it wasn't going to get past the apple logo. I tried again and got it back into disk mode and tried restoring it again. This time I have left it plugged in with iTunes open but it still won't go past the apple logo and it has been like that for at least 30 minutes. Is it still recoverable?

iPod nano

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 3:02 PM

3 replies

After restoring my iPod Nano it won't reset.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.