Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help!! Migration assistant stuck at start!

I first tried it over wifi, waited two days. Nothing happened. Then I tried it over the ethernet. Still stuck. It finds each other just fine, but when you select the folders and then press start, it just gets stuck at the progress bar. It progress bar doesn't show progress and it also doesn't show remaining time. It just stucks at getting start.

Please help! Transfer between iMac to Mac Pro.

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 4:43 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2014 6:22 PM in response to aapl.crox

just let me start by saying, Apple has gone down the toilet since Steve Jobs passed on. its just the truth. anyway with that spray of frustration out of the way....

the best way is to do a back-up on a backup drive of the source computer, and use this backup drive for the migration source via USB or thunderbolt (if your backup drive is a thunderbolt one). it works way way way eway way quicker

do not try via Wifi. we will all be dead waiting. no disrespect to the dead or Steve Jobs.

check out other forums. they all confirm this as fastest way

cheers

Please help!! Migration assistant stuck at start!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.