Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Pro and I have developed eczema on the palms of my hands. I am worried that it is an allergy to nickel. If it is is there a way to cover the metal. the hand rash is horribly painful.

I have a MacBook Pro and I have developed eczema on the palms of both my hands and I am wondering if this might be an allergic reaction to nickel. If it is, is there a solution out there so that I can still use my Mac?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 8:03 PM

9 replies

Jul 14, 2014 9:05 AM in response to Lukcresd

-> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3869443/

"Although none of the 25 iPhones we tested were found to release either nickel or cobalt by means of the spot test in our study, there is a report of an iPhone 5® model testing positive to nickel through DMG testing49 and Apple MacBook Pro laptops testing positive to nickel using DMG in the literature."

Oct 26, 2014 8:32 PM in response to Chris CA

I thought I was alone however I see that I am not the only one with burning palms and finger tips. I have to work on my lap top for hours at a time.. it is very painful and nothing seems to soothe the burn. Most often I will pull my shirt sleeves over my hands.. which seems ridiculous but is the only way to continue working. Are there any remedies that anyone knows?

I have a MacBook Pro and I have developed eczema on the palms of my hands. I am worried that it is an allergy to nickel. If it is is there a way to cover the metal. the hand rash is horribly painful.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.