Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Match causes iTunes to stop working.

Music match causes iTunes to stop working entirely and then causes the program to stop as well. I have tried many times with the same result each time. Any suggestions?

Posted on Feb 14, 2014 8:10 PM

2 replies

Feb 15, 2014 3:03 AM in response to tattoofreek

I think I have a similar problem. I've used Match for a little over a year. I matched a bunch of files yesterday morning with no problems. Then, yesterday afternoon, iTunes began to crash every time match turned on (it would go through the checking library/sending the results stages before crashing). I've turned Match on/off; disabled/re-enabled the computer.

Any other ideas? This is very frustrating!

Feb 15, 2014 3:12 AM in response to tattoofreek

Hi,

If Itunes match fails to complete its scan process and is stuck in step 2 or 3 the following steps usually clears problems:

1. Hold option key (Mac) or shift key (PC) whilst turning of match. This clears genius/match cache.

2. Close iTunes. Optional - Reboot computer.

3. Open itunes and turn on match. Select "add this Computer" and see process completes.

Also try rebooting internet router if necessary.

You should also add icloud status column to song view - go to menu > view> view options and tick box. This will tell you what has been Matched, Uploaded, Purchased, Inelligible, Duplicate or Waiting.

Tracks that are Waiting may include one or more corrupt tracks. You may have to remove all Waiting tracks from your library as it is not always clear which ones are causing the problem. Large / Long tracks that will be uploaded may be the cause of the problem.

Once you have removed the tracks, follow steps 1 to 3 again and see if process completes. You can then readd the tracks, a small number at a time until all your music is added.

Jim

Music Match causes iTunes to stop working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.