Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s No volume adjustments

Hi im a newbie here and i recently bought an iphone from a friend (wahh i know i should have bought it legitly but i wasnt paying that price sorry),

I have a 32 GB Black Iphone 4s and theres a problem.

Yesterday i decided i wanted music on my phone and decided to sync my phone to my itunes and computer..

But lets backtrack first... Earlier in the day i decided to plug a (non iphone heaphone into the headphone port) and much to my ssureprise it worked (all ive ever dealt with is blackberry) unplugged the headphones and a few hours later this is where i synced my phone tried to play music an GASP nothing..in the music app the volume nubs are gray and cannot be moved left or right and no sound is being heard.. also when i tried to check to see if my ringer was going up and down it was displaying the little speaker but not the bar that moves. Read the discussions here and it seemed that we've all been screwed now i love my iphone and all its features only phone ive ever wanted but i would love this to be fixed.

I have tried:

Restting all setting

Hard Reset

Restore

Restore from back

Changing everything imaginable in Setting and nothing has worked

Making a voicenote and i actually got sound and my ringer started to work! YAY right.. WRONG

Cleaning it with nail polish removeer

Brushing it with a brush

Using a paperclip and scraping it

*i did find some fluff but it came out*

After a few futile attempts at trying to play videos and games with sound and getting nothing i have decided its time to put my tail inbetween my legs and hope that someone can help.

Im not sure if was the type of headphones that i used or hat but i need help

PLEASE REPLY I NEED MUSIC

I AM ALSO A YOUTUBER AND FILM OFF MY IPHONE AND I NEED TO HEAR WHAT **** I AM TALKING AT THE END OF A VIDEO

THANK YOU

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 8:45 AM

There are no replies.

iphone 4s No volume adjustments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.