Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect my iMac to old TV via Digital recorder?

Hi,

i want to find out if i can connect my imac to a non HD tv to watch online films.

The tv is NOT HD but is connected to a more modern digital recorder which does have HDMI, an S-Video port , USB port and the standard yellow, red and white ports. This allows us to watch tv now but can the imac be connected also to this.

The tv only has one scart socket and one red and one white input too on the back.

I have an imac 10.7.5 with thunderbolt port and audio in/optical digital audio in port plus.

I was hoping I could connect the imac to the Digital recorder and just bypass the actual tv but have the imac signal still allow us to view on the tv?

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers Paul

GarageBand (Mac) '11

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 8:36 AM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2014 9:10 AM in response to pauldepechemode66

Apple used to make a Mini DVI to Composite (w/ S-Cable) Adapter for the earlier Mac's that had Mini DVI output ports.

For a newer Mac with Thunderbolt/Mini DisplayPort, you will need to use an aftermarket Mini DisplayPort to Composite Adapter.

see > Mini DisplayPort to Composite Video and S-Video Adapter Cable

For more info and options, see > Mini DisplayPort to Composite adapter - Google Search

connect my iMac to old TV via Digital recorder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.