Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPod 5 touch battery runs out quick! Apple replaced my other one and gave me this! Also out of warranty?!?

I had a problem with my ipod 5th generation a while back when thankfully apple replaced my ipod, the the refurbished ipod dud also not perform well. Battery ran out quick and ipod got heated. This makes no sense. I think iv been replaced with a defective model. And now i find out im out of warranty. What the heck is going on?! What do i do?! My battery lasts like a half hour!! Please give some advice . Thank you

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.0.4, Later found out iv got no warranty!

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 9:19 AM

4 replies

Feb 15, 2014 6:37 PM in response to lllaass

The battery lasts about 1 hour and 1 and half hour if lucky. By the way thanks for the fast response. also iv done a full charge and put it off charge at night and by morning it was un responsive. it had run out of battery just sitting there! iv also restored many times. im taking it to apple tommorow but would i have to pay? theres no physical damage or water damage and its not my fault scince this was a replaced ipod by apple scince the one before this had another problem. please help. thanks

Feb 16, 2014 10:14 AM in response to lllaass

So just came back from apple, they were saying they can replace it for. 80$ but then they said you have to pay 150$. I don't know what's going on with apple but all I know is they replaced my ipod with a defective model last time and now are telling me to pay 150$ for replacement. I just left the store. The employee even said this is stupid but apparently that's their "policy". For once I hate apple. Thanks for helping anyway lllaass

IPod 5 touch battery runs out quick! Apple replaced my other one and gave me this! Also out of warranty?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.