Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS back to iMessage problem for one contact

Hi -

I had been texting with my friend, who also has an iPhone. I was in a place where iMessage wasn't working, so I sent 2 messages as SMS. Now, I can't get iMessage back.

I have done all of the resets (hard reset, network). I turned iMessage off and back on. I even deleted the thread and their contact info and had them do the same. iMessage is working for everyone else except this person.

It's super irritating and I don't know what else to do. PLEASE HELP.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 11:14 AM

1 reply

Feb 17, 2014 12:04 PM in response to m4star1

Hello m4star1,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2755

To resolve issues with sending and receiving SMS, follow these steps first

1. Go to Settings and turn airplane mode off.
  2. Verify that you have a cellular network signal in the status bar at the top left of your iPhone. Learn more about troubleshooting no service if there's no signal.
  3. Restart your iPhone.
  4. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
  5. Reseat your SIM card.

If you are still unable to send or receive SMS, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact who's trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
  2. Make sure that you are using the area code with the contact's phone number. When sending messages internationally, you also need to use the contact's international code.
  3. If using a "Pay as you go" SMS plan, it needs to have enough available balance. Contact your carrier if you're unsure of your SMS plan or the available balance.
  4. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  5. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and re-create the contact from the Contacts application. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.
  6. Back up and restore your iPhone as new.

Have a nice day,

Mario

SMS back to iMessage problem for one contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.