Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Target Display Mode on late 2013 27" iMac to mid 2010 27" Imac

Hey guy's real strugling to make my 2010 imac become a display, When i connect my 2010 cinema display 23" everything works fine but the minute i try to enable the tdm function on the 2010 imac nothing happen. Like nothing I got the mini display to thunderbolt adapter but nothing happen with the imac.

Any help or suggestion is very welcome.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 11:44 AM

You need a mini-display port to mini-display port adapter because the 2010 does NOT support Thunderbolt. Please carefully read and methodically follow the instructions in Apple's Target Display Mode: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) article.

6 replies

Feb 15, 2014 12:00 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks very much to your quick reply rkaufmann87

ok is there any chance you could point out what are they looking like because the one that are coming out of google are hdmi adapter to mini display adapter.

If so and i am not mistaking, I will need to get one of them mini-display port adapter then a thunderbolt to hdmi cable and it should work right.....?

Target Display Mode on late 2013 27" iMac to mid 2010 27" Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.