Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 11 Sort Events By Title Ascending doesn't work

Lost a lot of time on this, just thought I'd share this info.

I'm using iPhoto 11.5.1 on MBPR with OSX 10.9.1

Have "Events" selected in the source list and choose "View" -> "Sort Events" -> "By Title" with "Ascending" selected. This does NOT sort correctly.

But with "Descending" selected, it looks like it sorts just fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Guess now that I know it works for descending, it doesn't hurt me much, but if there's a work around that get ascending to work, I'd be interested.

-Pete

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 15, 2014 11:48 AM

3 replies

Feb 15, 2014 6:35 PM in response to LarryHN

OK, first, the issue is gone now. Not sure what cleared it. Go ahead, start rolling your eyes, I probably would if I were on the other end 😉

How was it wrong specifically? ...Just random order really, didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason. Was going to take a screen shot {this is hours later in response to your ask for more info} and found both ascending and decending sorts perfect now. Previously, switching back and forth many times, was; Wrong for ascending & Right for descending.

Like I said, not sure what cleared it. Only thing I've done since then and now, is a backup; Related? Sort of doubt it, but anything is possible, including me losing touch with my sanity 😉

iPhoto 11 Sort Events By Title Ascending doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.